A root canal is a dental treatment used to repair a damaged tooth. This procedure helps save your teeth for a lifetime! Your teeth have an enamel layer on the outside, a second layer called dentin, and inside the tooth, there are roots. The roots of your teeth have openings called canals, containing nerves and blood vessels that provide sensation and health to your teeth. Since they are crucial for your oral health, if decayed or infected can start to cause you pain.
So today, our dentist in Tijuana will explain when a root canal is necessary.
What Is A Root Canal?
A root canal is a dental procedure in which the pulp (the soft tissue inside a tooth containing nerves) becomes inflamed or infected. This can be caused by many factors, such as deep decay, repeated dental treatments, and cracked or chipped teeth. If left untreated, the infection can lead to pain and, in extreme cases, tooth loss.
When Is A Root Canal Necessary?
A root canal is necessary when the pulp inside becomes infected or inflamed. It is the only way to save the tooth and stop the spread of the infection. The procedure involves removing the infected pulp and filling the space with material; the tooth is then covered with a dental crown to protect it and rehabilitate its function.
Root Canal Symptoms
- Severe pain when eating. The pain is often followed by sensitivity to hot and cold. This is especially if the sensitivity doesn’t go away when you stop eating. If your tooth is sensitive when touching it, it could mean severe decay or nerve damage, which may need to be treated with a root canal.
- Sensitivity to hot and cold. Does your tooth hurt when you eat a cold or hot beverage? If your tooth feels too sensitive when you eat ice cream or a hot coffee, it could be due to infected vessels and nerves.
- Swollen gums. Swelling near the painful tooth may indicate an infection; swelling may come and go, and sometimes, it may be tender or not painful when touching your gums. Acidic waste products of dead pulp tissues cause this.
- Tooth darkening. Trauma to the tooth can damage the roots and give the tooth a black appearance. If a tooth becomes darker in color, it may be because the pulp inside it is dying.
- Pain when biting. If you experience pain when biting, the nerve inside the tooth is affected, so a root canal is necessary.
- Pus. If you notice pus near a tooth, you should visit our dentist immediately.
- Chipped or cracked tooth. If you chipped your tooth in an accident or chewed on something hard, bacteria can cause infection.
Is A Root Canal Painful?
Root canals aren’t painful; they are the best way to get rid of toothache.
How Long Does A Root Canal Take?
Most of the time, a root canal can last one hour.
How Much Does A Root Canal Cost In Mexico?
At our dental clinic in Tijuana, a root canal cost starts from $310, and you will save up to 70% compared to the US.
Dentists In Tijuana
The Dental District has gathered a team of high-skilled dentists ready to treat your oral health needs. Our patients have recognized our doctors for their excellent work in many dental treatments, such as teeth whitening, dental implants, dental crowns, and more, Giving comprehensive care at each phase of your treatment!
At The Dental District, you will find dental treatments at affordable prices. If you are experiencing pain and sensitivity, it is important to visit your dentist and determine the cause. The good news is that our team of specialists can help you relieve your pain or discomfort and maintain good oral health. Don’t let pain keep you from enjoying an ice cream! Contact us and schedule an appointment today in our dental clinic in Tijuana! Ask about our best services such as invisalign in Tijuana, endodontics in Mexico, dental implants in Tijuana and dental crowns in Tijuana.