Table of Contents
Losing a tooth can be hard, not only because it can be aesthetically unpleasant, but because the lack of teeth can harm your jawbone and its structure in the long run. If you are looking to restore your teeth to its original state or improve its appearance and function, then Dental implants in Mexico might be the right solution.
According to your needs, you can choose between traditional dental implants or mini dental implants. How do I know which one to get? You may ask yourself. Here are the main differences:
What is a Traditional Dental Implant?
A Traditional Dental Implant is an artificial piece, shaped like a small screw, designed to act as a tooth root. Implants are permanently fixed into de jawbone, so they can provide support to different types of dental restorations (crowns, bridges, or dentures), which replace missing teeth.
- Regular implants provide a longer-term solution than mini implants, mainly because they enable better weight distribution and put less long-term stress on the jawbone.
- Conventional dental implants cover a larger surface area, which provides a stronger chewing force.
- Traditional dental implants can last a lifetime, up to 25 years with the appropriate care.
- They are low-maintenance, effective, and help prevent bone loss.
What is a Mini Dental Implant?
A Mini Dental Implant is the same as a traditional implant when it comes to functionality, but the implant’s design itself is what sets it apart:
- As the name implies, mini dental implants are small – half the size of a regular implant. They are convenient for patients who lack bone density and couldn’t resist a traditional, bigger implant.
- Placing mini dental implants is much quicker and less invasive than the placing of traditional implants. This also allows the patient to have a faster healing process.
- When the mini dental implant is placed, you can get your artificial tooth or teeth ready to use straight away, unlike traditional implants.
- Traditional dental implants are designed to have replacement teeth screwed on them. Mini dental implants have a ball on the exposed end.
Should you get Mini or Traditional Dental Implants?
Both Mini and Traditional Dental Implants can be good options in a variety of situations:
Mini Dental Implants are great for patients with bone atrophy who are looking for a permanent and more affordable option than traditional dental implants – just like these, mini implantsserve as anchors for different types of dental prosthetics (especially for lower dentures).
On the other hand, Traditional Dental Implants can work perfectly for patients with a healthy jawbone, looking for an option that can provide better performance and longevity.
Do you have questions about Mini or Traditional Dental Implants? Give us a call TODAY. We want to help you start a journey to a new, healthy, and comfortablesmile – FREE Online ZOOM Consultations with our dentist in Tijuana are available! Ask about our dental crowns in Tijuana, dental braces in Tijuana and Root canal in Tijuana service. Contact our Dental Clinic in Tijuana now.