COVID-19 Dental Practice Safety Guidelines
At The Dental District, we are committed to creating a safe environment for our patients and our staff during the coronavirus pandemic. That’s why we have implemented the following safety measures in our dental clinic in Tijuana:
- Temperature monitoring. Every patient is checked before anyone is allowed to enter the clinic.
- Protective gear. Using a facemask, applying hand sanitizer (which will be provided at the front desk), and cleaning your shoes in our disinfecting floor mat at the entrance, is mandatory.
- No companions. We advise patients to present themselves alone (only minors and elderly patients needing assistance can come accompanied).
- Pre-appointment screening. We apply a questionnaire to everyone interested in scheduling a dental treatment to assess potential COVID-19 symptoms or exposure ahead of entry into the clinic.
- Don’t touch your face. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- QR code access. NewCity Medical Plaza, where we are located, uses smart technology to minimize contact in different areas. Upon arrival, you’ll be able to go directly to our clinic by scanning your QR code at the lobby. No waiting or lines needed.
- Contactless payments. Credit or debit card payments are suggested to avoid handling cash (although we also accept other payment methods).
- Social distancing. We maintain a minimum distance of 6 ft. away from each other at all times (as long as the nature of the activities allows us to do so).
- Agenda control. We’ve decreased the number of appointments per day, hence reducing the number of people interacting in the office.
- Isolated dental chairs. Each patient is attended in a single cubicle, meaning you won’t be sharing space with other patients. You, the dentist, and the dental assistant will be the only ones allowed inside.
- Clean your hands often. Everybody must wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Strict cleaning protocols. All common dental office spaces are frequently disinfected: the waiting room, the doctors’ offices, and the dental chair, as well as doorknobs, counters, and other objects.
- Medical Protective Equipment. Our medical team uses full protective equipment, including – among other elements – KN95 face masks and safety goggles.
Do I need to physically go to the clinic to get a consultation?
No. You can schedule an online appointment with one of our dentist in Tijuana through Zoom, Skype, FaceTime, WhatsApp, or Google Hangouts, from the safety of your home.
Online, Video Call consultations are FREE and advisable for patients looking for complex dental procedures such as dental implants in Mexico, veneers, or All-On-4 dentures (to mention a few).
Can I cross the border to get my dental treatment done?
U.S. Citizens and permanent residents can come to Mexico for medical purposes and go back with no restrictions (in this sense, dental appointments fall in the essential activities category).
You won’t need any document to prove the reason for your visit, but you may be asked your dentist’s name. For your way back home, you’ll only need the regular documents to prove you’re not a tourist (ID, driver’s licence, birth certificate).
Please, feel free to contact us at (858) 832 4027 regarding any questions you may have regarding travelling to Tijuana.
Is The Dental District currently open?
Yes, we are open! Monday to Friday: 8 am – 5 pm & Saturdays: 8 am – 2 pm.
We are carefully monitoring information from local U.S. and Mexican health authorities to track how the situation evolves. As a team committed to excellence in service, we will continue to give you updates on how we are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our best interest at The Dental District is that you feel safe and comfortable during your visit. Let’s protect ourselves and others so that we can keep being healthy and smiling to those who matter most in our lives. Ask about our services such as dental crowns in Tijuana, invisalign in Tijuana, dental braces in Tijuana and Endodontics in Mexico.
Stay up to date with the COVID-19 pandemic here:
|Monday – Friday||8:00 – 17:00|
|Saturday||8:00 – 14:00|